Re: W3C's XHTML QA plan

From: Shane P. McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 09:11:23 -0600
To: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
CC: Andrew Thackrah <andrew@opengroup.org>, Daniel Dardailler <danield@w3.org>, www-qa@w3.org, Art.Barstow@nokia.com, mimasa@w3.org
Basically, this means that we will release it to the W3C and its members
under a suitable license agreement.  Use of it will be free and
unencumbered.  That is what the members of the TDG have agreed, anyway.

Karl Dubost wrote:
> At 15:28 +0000 2002-01-23, Andrew Thackrah wrote:
> >My question is the second one (process). The reason I ask wrt XHTML is
> >because this is one of the areas in which my group has already done work
> >and we want to know what the rules are for contributing.
> >Looks like Nokia are in the same position (?)
> Until now, there's no indication of a formal process to send Test
> Cases to do the HTML working group.
> Waiting for this process from the HTML WG, you have the possibility
> to submit test to the *public* mailing list with a meaningful title
> for each submission and it will make a kind of archive when the
> process will be in place.
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html-testsuite/
> mailto:www-html-testsuite@w3.org
> I know that the HTML WG is working on a test suite, but it's
> difficult to have information on it. Shane P. McCarron (ApTest and WG
> member) sent me an email in november about such a test suite.
>         "We have initiated a test suite development project associated with
> the HTML Working Group.  As the test suite matures (approximately 12
> weeks after we actually start development) we will be making it
> available to the W3C for use."
> I don't know what "available to the W3C for use" includes. Maybe
> Masayasu can explain a bit, or Shane.
> --
> Karl Dubost / W3C - Conformance Manager
>            http://www.w3.org/QA/
>       --- Be Strict To Be Cool! ---

Shane P. McCarron                     Phone: +1 763 786-8160 x120
Managing Director                       Fax: +1 763 786-8180
ApTest Minnesota                       Inet: shane@aptest.com