Re: W3C's XHTML QA plan

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Daniel Dardailler wrote:

> > I've been wondering that myself.
> > Is there a standard process for accepting and managing contributions
> > to such test suites?
> > (If not, is can we make one?)
>
> Is the question:
>   can we make a contribution or
>   can we make a process for contribution ?

My question is the second one (process). The reason I ask wrt XHTML is
because this is one of the areas in which my group has already done work
and we want to know what the rules are for contributing.
Looks like Nokia are in the same position (?)

> On the second point, the QAWG is looking at streamlining a process for
> QA contribution based on experience in W3C WGs having done so already
> (like DOM, XML). See the QA/WG pages for ongoing draft of the QA
> Framework.

Thanks for the pointer

> Regarding contribution of TS, it's always welcome, of course, but
> within the constraints set forth by the WG and later by the QA
> framework (e.g. regarding IPR, format, etc).
> In the particular case of XHTML, I remember some discussions within
> W3C regarding a potential external contrib, but haven't been following
> it closely recently.
>
> Maybe you or Mimasa can tell us about it (he's the W3C staff contact
> for the HTML activity).

 Not sure what's been happening behind the scenes. I know that there are a
few groups out there with work in this area and we are all maybe
looking for some kind of seal of approval from W3C to ensure that we are
on the right track. I think one difficulty is finding target
devices/implementations to develop with.

-AT