Re: W3C's XHTML QA plan

From: Daniel Dardailler <danield@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 14:47:12 +0100
To: Andrew Thackrah <andrew@opengroup.org>
cc: www-qa@w3.org, Art.Barstow@nokia.com, mimasa@w3.org

> I've been wondering that myself.
> Is there a standard process for accepting and managing contributions
> to such test suites?
> (If not, is can we make one?)

Is the question:
  can we make a contribution or
  can we make a process for contribution ?

On the second point, the QAWG is looking at streamlining a process for
QA contribution based on experience in W3C WGs having done so already
(like DOM, XML). See the QA/WG pages for ongoing draft of the QA
Framework.

Regarding contribution of TS, it's always welcome, of course, but
within the constraints set forth by the WG and later by the QA
framework (e.g. regarding IPR, format, etc).

In the particular case of XHTML, I remember some discussions within
W3C regarding a potential external contrib, but haven't been following
it closely recently.

Maybe you or Mimasa can tell us about it (he's the W3C staff contact
for the HTML activity).