conformance vs. compliance

From: <Art.Barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 10:04:12 -0400
To: <www-qa@w3.org>

Does the QA WG consider the terms "conformance" and "compliance" interchangeable?
For example does the WG (and its tech reports) consider these two assertions
equivalent:

 1. My implementation is 100% compliant  with specification A
 2. My implementation is 100% conformant with specification A

If these assertions are not equivalent, what's the difference?

Also, if the QA-GLOSSARY refered to in QA Framework: Operational Guidelines

 http://www.w3.org/QA/WG/2002/framework-20020507/qaframe-ops#b2ab3d443

has become available, where can I find it?

Thanks,

Art Barstow
---