Re: conformance vs. compliance

From: Lynne Rosenthal <lynne.rosenthal@nist.gov>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 11:52:13 -0400
To: Art.Barstow@nokia.com, <www-qa@w3.org>
I agree that compliance has been used more with a marketing
connotation  The terms are often used interchangeably and I think of them
as being equivalent.  By the way - ISO Guide 2 defines conformity and not
the term conformance.  However, in ISO Standards - there is always a
conformance clause/section and not a conformity clause.