[ISSUE] Use of RFC 2119 keywords only for the Conformance Clause

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 15:31:14 -0400
To: 'www-qa-wg@w3.org' <www-qa-wg@w3.org>
As Lynne has noticed it, we don't use RFC 2119 keywords in our
conformance clause, but in the Conformance clause.

Le 04 oct. 2004, à 19:45, Lynne Rosenthal a écrit :
> 4. The keywords, MUST, MUST NOT, etc.  We don’t actually use these in
> our document.  Do we still need to include this statement?
>
> The last sentence, “Occurrences of these words in lowercase… with no
> normative implications” is NOT true.  Our Conformance Clause uses
> ‘must’ and has a normative implication.

Would it be acceptable to include those in the Conformance section?

Proposed Text:
"""
The keywords "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY ", and "OPTIONAL" are used
as defined in RFC 2119 [RFC2119] in this conformance clause.
Occurrences of these words in lowercase has normative implications.
"""

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***