Re: profiles, modules, levels [30, 41, 49, 50, 51, 97, 98]

At 10:07 AM 4/14/2003 -0400, Lynne Rosenthal wrote:

>According to your SpecGL review of SpecGL --- Guideline 4, 5, and 6
>(profiles, modules, levels) are N/A -- thus, we don't need to include a
>rationale for these items .  CP8.1 only requires a rationale, for when
>these items are allowed.

No, no, no, a thousand times no.

Levels, modules, etc. are discretionary items and, we, thus, must provide a
rationale for their use (by others). In our own implementation of SpecGL,
we  choose to not use levels, modules, profiles.  Thus they are not
applicable in
Guidelines 4, 5 and 6.

>-lynne

Mark Skall
Chief, Software Diagnostics and Conformance Testing Division
Information Technology Laboratory
National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8970
Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8970

Voice: 301-975-3262
Fax:   301-590-9174