W3C patent policy

From: Jerry Clabaugh <jerryc@mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 15:21:39 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
I have only now learned that W3C is considering changing its
policy toward patents; the comment period is (almost?) over.
I really need to examine this change in policy to known whether
current plans in our group to create web-based educational
material will have to be abandoned.

Was there a press release about these proposed changes? I must
say I am very suspicious about the fact that I'm only learning
about this today.  Without having examined the proposal in
detail (which I don't have time to do today), I intend to
postpone, probably forever, further development of web-based
software.

Jerry Clabaugh
Research Associate
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
room 66-365
phone (617) 253-5513
jerryc@mit.edu

"The first bag onto the carousel belongs to no one, ever."