Patents = Web only for the RICH

From: john-paul delaney <jp@justatest.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 07:31:20 -0100 (GMT+1)
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org

As an unknown painter, I can only afford to publish my work online using
free (GNU/Linux) (+W3C!) software and publicly published standards.  I
cannot afford patented software - and would probably be eventually forced
off the web if patents are introduced.  This is equally valid for many of
my colleagues in less-developed countries.  Rather, please use your energy
to prmote FREE-ACCESS to the web and web tools, as opposed to pandering to
the already well-off.  "Patenting" the web is contrary to it's basic
philosophy of communication for all.

thank you,
/j-p.

 justatest of art online