[fwd] IE 6.0 and P3P Policies Problems with Cookies

----- Forwarded message from "Reddy, Ramesh" <reddyr@agedwards.com> -----

From: "Reddy, Ramesh" <reddyr@agedwards.com>
To: "'www-p3p-policy@w3.org'" <www-p3p-policy@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 17:50:10 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: [Moderator Action] IE 6.0 and P3P Policies Problems with Cookies
>From rigo  Fri Oct 19 06:31:04 2001

Hi,

Is it sufficient  to provide the full P3P policy file for the cookies,
without supplying the Compact Policy? I have read in the specification that
Compact Policies are optional. However, it also mentioned that the Web
Servers are supposed to scan through the full p3p policy files and generate
the Compact Policies for the cookies. If our web server not yet compatible
with P3P policies(tomcat 3.2), doesn't this mean I have no option but
provide the compact policy in the http header even though I have the full
policy in place?

Thanks in advance for any reply.

Ramesh..

WARNING:  All e-mail sent to and from this address will be received or
someone other than the recipient.

----- End forwarded message -----