Re: Representing a set of value pairs?

Thanks Stan.  Let me see if I understand you correctly.  Are you saying
that when defining this set in MathML:

    {i, c | c = i * 2.54}

After specifying the set contents I need to specify the "set variables"
(in this case they are "i" and "c")?  e.g.,

<set>
  <bvar>...</bvar>
  <condition>
  </condition>
</set>

Is the purpose of:

to indicate "these are the set variables"?

Is there an advantage of using <list>...</list> rather than set, i.e.,

Thanks!  /Roger