menclose

From: Robert Miner <RobertM@dessci.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 17:14:39 -0500
To: jpederse@wiley.com
CC: www-math@w3.org

Hi John,

I'm trying to nail down a list of candidates for new menclose values.
Does this sound right?

NE/SW strikeout
NW/SE strikeout
horizontal strikeout
box
circle

Actuarial notation is one of the current values, but it is only
one of the four possible "corners" of a box.  MathType does all four,
so I would be for adding

NE corner
SE corner
SW corner
NW corner

as well.  Obviously "NE corner" duplicates "actuarial" but if I let
little things like that start bothering me, it is definitely time to
get out of the MathML biz :-).

Anyway, if this is the list, we can start trying to come up with some
names.

--Robert

Dr. Robert Miner                                RobertM@dessci.com
MathML 2.0 Specification Co-editor                    651-223-2883
Design Science, Inc.   "How Science Communicates"   www.dessci.com