Re: menclose

From: <jpederse@wiley.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 21:39:39 -0400
To: Robert Miner <RobertM@dessci.com>
Cc: www-math@w3.org

Hi Robert,

Looks good to me!  Except for box and circle, we could be consistent with
the directions and use

NESWstrike
NWSEstrike
WEstrike
NEcorner
SEcorner
SWcorner
NWcorner

John.

                      Robert Miner
                      <RobertM@dessci.c        To:       jpederse@wiley.com
                      om>                      cc:       www-math@w3.org
                                               Subject:  menclose
                      08/06/03 06:14 PM

Hi John,

I'm trying to nail down a list of candidates for new menclose values.
Does this sound right?

NE/SW strikeout
NW/SE strikeout
horizontal strikeout
box
circle

Actuarial notation is one of the current values, but it is only
one of the four possible "corners" of a box.  MathType does all four,
so I would be for adding

NE corner
SE corner
SW corner
NW corner

as well.  Obviously "NE corner" duplicates "actuarial" but if I let
little things like that start bothering me, it is definitely time to
get out of the MathML biz :-).

Anyway, if this is the list, we can start trying to come up with some
names.

--Robert

Dr. Robert Miner                                RobertM@dessci.com
MathML 2.0 Specification Co-editor                    651-223-2883
Design Science, Inc.   "How Science Communicates"   www.dessci.com