Re: browser integration

From: Andreas Strotmann <strotman@nu.cs.fsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 13:44:04 -0400 (EDT)
To: Robert Miner <rminer@geomtech.com>
cc: strotman@nu.cs.fsu.edu, www-math@w3.org
Hi Robert,

just a quick question, since you mentioned "browser integration":  when do
you think would it be reasonable to expect a verion of Netscape's and/or
Microsoft's browsers with built-in MathML capabilities, or at least with
seamless integration for plug-ins?

The background of my question is this:  I'm an RA for Mika Seppala this
summer, working on a distance learning project for him.  Needless to say,
one of the major tasks is to find a proper way to include mathematical
formulas in distance learning web applications, and MathML (potentially
with OpenMath extensions) is an obvious candidate.

Thanks,

  --  Andreas