Re: Disabling output to file 'w3chttp.out'

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 09:49:05AM -0400, Martial Gourde wrote:
> I am looking for a way to disable the creation and writing of data to
> the file ‘w3chttp.out’ .
>
> I disabled all the traces (no mask) , defined callback procedure for
> print, trace and data trace but when I execute my
> program I still see the ‘w3chttp.out’ file with a copy of the request
> and the response.

w3chttp.out is written if both of this is true:

  - libwww is compiled with HTDEBUG. This is usually the case (and IMHO
    it's a good thing)

  - PROT_TRACE is turned on. This happens when the "p" character is passed
    to HTSetTraceMessageMask()

My own code contains the following, and wc3http.out is only written when
libwwwDebug is true:

  if (libwwwDebug) {
    HTSetTraceMessageMask("flbtspuhox");
    HTTrace_setCallback(tracer);
  }

HTH,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key:
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  0x888354F7
  ¯ '` ¯