RE: deadlock?

From: Jens Meggers <jens.meggers@firepad.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 20:00:15 -0700
To: "'Fengyun Cao'" <fcao@CS.Princeton.EDU>, www-lib@w3.org
Hi,

it looks to me that the DNS manager needs a socket. The connection cannot be
established before the DNS manager is done. Thus, it might happen that they
wait for each other. The only thing that is a bit strange with that is that
the socket API does in principle not need a socket to query the DNS service.

Regards,

Jens