From: Guo, Xuan C, NNAD [mailto:xuanguo@att.com]
Sent: Donnerstag, 26. April 2001 01:09
To: www-lib@w3.org
Cc: Guo, Xuan C, NNAD
Subject: HTNet_addAfter() Request terminate handler is called 272 times
ev ery second

Hi,

We are using libwww 5.2.8 as an HTTP client sending GET message to customer
web server. Sometimes, when we are sending "Get" message to an closed web
server, we get lots of response messages with status = HT_TIMEOUT in a very
short
of time. I counted it. It is about 272 response messages in a second. We
register the request terminate handler through Global AFTER Filters by:

HTNet_addAfter(end_request, NULL, NULL, HT_ALL, HT_FILTER_LAST);

In end_request(), we checks and prints the status of the response message.

Does anyone have any idea about any situation that can cause the terminate
handler end_request() is called every 3.6ms ?

Maybe there is a patch for the problem.

Any information you may have will be highly appreciated.

Cecilia