Re: Doing basic authentication

From: Marco Ariano <marco.ariano@pipercreek.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 10:57:37 -0600
To: Raffaele Sena <raff@nuvomedia.com>, www-lib@w3.org
Turns out that Raffaele was right on the money.  Things were happening
due to magic I didn't understand.

Since I'm always talking to the same server though, I tried putting the
credentials in proactively using HTRequest_addCredentials() and it works
like a charm.  If basic_credentials() wasn't declared PRIVATE in
HTAABrow.c I wouldn't have had to copy it though.  It might be nice if
the bit that uuencodes the credentials into a 'cookie' was in a separate
(PUBLIC) routine as well.

Once again, the solution was simple once I figured out what the library
was really doing.  It's great having source and the help available.
Thanks again.

Marco