RE: Proxy Configuration Problems

On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, Niklas Wiberg wrote:

> Isn't there any way to do completely without GUI when configuring
> Jigsaw?
> I would like to be able to configure it from a text terminal like xterm,
> for example by editing config files.
> If this is possible, where can I find more documentation regarding this?

With Jigsaw 2.1.0 (well soon 2.1.1 or 2.1.0 with the upgraded jars), it is
possible to talk directly to the admin server and to all the configuration
using XML. If the server is down, it is also possible to edit directly toe
stores, as they are also in XML (see
http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/Programmer/JigXML.html ) We should do some
scripts make that easier...

> Another thing regarding updated jars etc. I have never been able to
> download any files from jigsaw.w3.org. It's extremely slow, and the
> download is interrupted after a while. Are there any plans to upgrade
> the hardware or mirror the devel directory?

When INRIA (where we are hosted) switched from RENATER to RENATER2 (the
French research and education network, and the new generation of it),
performance dropped, downtime raised and it is very hard for us to access
our other sites, especially during business hours.
The machine itself (a poor sparc20) has an average load of 0.03 so it's
not a machine problem...
I may install it at MIT at some point even if will be less easier for us
to update it...