Re: RFE: handling the bad ^C kills...

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 15:42:16 +0100 (MET)
To: Roland Mainz <Roland.Mainz@informatik.med.uni-giessen.de>
On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, Roland Mainz wrote:

> > I checked in the 1.2.2 doc and it's not there :( Otherwise we would at
> > least put that in 2.1.* as it already requires jdk1.2.*

As suggested by Jean-Philippe Orsini, I implemented the hook using
reflection.
however, when it starts, I have this:

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown signal: HUP
        at sun.misc.Signal.<init>(Signal.java:133)
        at java.lang.Terminator.setup(Terminator.java:46)
        at java.lang.Shutdown.add(Shutdown.java:92)
        at java.lang.Runtime.addShutdownHook(Runtime.java:197)
        at org.w3c.jigsaw.daemon.ServerHandlerManager.<init>(ServerHandlerManager.java:252)
        at org.w3c.jigsaw.daemon.ServerHandlerManager.main(ServerHandlerManager.java:462)
        at org.w3c.jigsaw.Main.main(Main.java:15)

And of course there is no trace in the doc of any java.lang.Shutdown or
java.lang.Terminator :)
I will wait for the next version of the jdk before doing more work in this
area...
(btw, it is in cvs, in the 2.1.0 version, no need to backport it now as it
doesn't work yet :) ).