Re: Logging

On Mon, 26 Oct 1998, Jeff Van Epps wrote:

> I have kind of the opposite problem - log files are being generated, but
> not timely enough and not containing the information I need. There is a
> servlet which doesn't seem to be doing anything at all according to the
> logs, even though tracing is on (other servlets work fine). How can I get
> the logs to flush to disk after each line is written? (I've already set the
> buffer to its lowest value, 1024)

Well, the current logger bufferizes the log entries, for performance sake.
If you want to have a logger that write asap the information you have to
create a new logger that fits your need,
see org.w3c.jigsaw.http.CommonLogger as an example.
in     public void log (Request request, Reply reply, int nbytes, long
duration) {

As you have the Request and Reply object, the byte sent and the duration,
you can log exactly what you want!

> Also, is there a way to associate servlets with jar files instead of class
> files, and have auto-reload work for jars?

Not for now...