Jigsaw as a service!

From: Anselm Baird_Smith <abaird@www43.inria.fr>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 10:43:15 +0200 (MET DST)
To: wplatzer <wplatzer@iaik.tu-graz.ac.at>
wplatzer@iaik.tu-graz.ac.at writes:

 > I run Jigsaw on NT as a proxy cache and it is very fast and works really =
 > fine. But how can I start Jigsaw as a service, so that if I logout Jigsaw=
 >  continuous running ?

This is not supported right now. I am not a Windows* expert, but maybe
using MS implementation and the COM support you might be able to
register Jigsaw as a service in Java ?
If ever you consider that option and produce some usefull code, let me
know if you're interested in contributing it...

 > Also if the server is shut down Jigsaw should save the properties and whe=
 > n the server is restarted Jigsaw should also start automatically.
 >
 > BTW: Where can I read something about Jigsaw as a mirror?

Check the ref manual for the mirror resource:

http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/Jigsaw/User/Reference/w3c.jigsaw.proxy.MirrorDirectory.html

If ever you feel like it, you can contribute a FAQ entry ;-)