Re: [Spam] Re: Question about HTML abbr and acronym tags

Tina Holmboe wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 12:44:16PM -0500, Barry Rader wrote:
>
>> Using Jukka's Method I could have to scroll up some 500 lines to see
>> the first instance.
>
>   It gets better. Given that you may not arrive at the content where
>   the content start, you might not even know it /has/ been expanded
>   somewhere.

If you jump into the middle of some page, you cannot expect to start
reading it smoothly. Why would abbreviations and acronyms deserve some
_special_ treatment? Strange _terms_ are much more difficult, especially
if they are common words in uncommon meanings.

>   So either the author need to expand the abbreviation/acronym at
>   every single instance, or he/she uses something like the abbr and
>   acronym elements.

You _would_ then be expanding them at every single instance, just in a
title attribute (which will be missed by most visitors).

Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/