Re: Web-Forms 2.0: upload. Button apperance

David Woolley пишет:

> Anatoly Kataev wrote:
>> Styling languages? You mean CSS? I agree to style <input class=file>
> I mean any styling language supported by the browser, of which CSS is
> probably the most commonly used.  The www-style mailing list is not
> restricted to the discussion of CSS, and is the appropriate mailing
> list for this issue.
Can you list some of them? I have slow connection and cannot dig
through  www-style

> There is nothing in HTML that says that the text box needs to be
> provided at all, but if it is, you have a compound of two controls, at
> least one of which is likely to be native, which makes targeting the
> styling even more difficult.
>
>> impemented. Also code, which applies CSS rules to single TextEdit or
>> Button already written in most UA's, so
>> it can be used for styling <input class=file> in case if it will be
>
> I presume you meant *type*=file.
Right. My fault, i really meant type=file

> Again, you are assuming the internal structure of the element.  Again
> you are on the wrong list.  Also note that this would have to be done
> with pseudo-classes, if the style sheets are CSS ones.  Pseudo classes
> are purely CSS concepts, they have no meaning in HTML.
Preudo-classes don't allow me to set caption on "Browse..." button

> input *type*=file is one of the most complex controls because it could
> be implemented in so many different ways and because most users will
> end up using one of the more complex native dialogues.
Can you explain that more detail?

> There is one special case, which is ex-patriot users using communal
> PCs (libraries, where use is free in the UK, and internet cafes).
> However, I don't think that that case applies here.  For library
> computers, a good librarian would, given that OSes tend to be
> multilingual these days, temporarily localise the PC for non-English
> speakers.
Not all librarians are good :^)
> Many browsers cannot style other controls,
any problems.

> and, in my view, styling them makes sites more difficult to use by
> those people who are not familiar with the web and deciphering a
> site's design metaphor.  The main use for styling, when UAs have
> provided it, has been to allow designers to make their sites not look
> like the standard user agent behaviour, and it is likely that a styled
> upload control will lead to an unstyled dialogue box, breaking the
> design by leaking the standard behaviour.
Not only designers. Many of customers don't want their sites looks like
FreeBSD Handbook.

And also look at
http://www.quirksmode.org/dom/inputfile.html
It's only way to stylize INPUT i know
Do you think it's easy way? Do you think that authors of this arcticle
have nothing to do, else as write useless articles?