Re: XHTML2 dt/dd Nesting

From: Alexander Savenkov <w3@hotbox.ru>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 23:15:53 +0400
To: "Jens Meiert" <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Cc: www-html@w3.org

Jens,

2003-10-05T18:30:38Z Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com> wrote:

> I don't think there is a 'lack of connection between the terms and
> the descriptions (...)' since each definition term is followed by
> its description.
I think there is one. The two elements ('dt' and 'dd') can be placed
in any order. The more elements you have the harder it gets to
distinguish between the definitions and descriptions.

<!ELEMENT dl (dt|dd)+>

That is, your statement that "each definition term is followed by its
description" is a guess. There's no harm if we have, say, a 'for'
attribute.

Sample dictionary:
<dl>
...(other definitions)
 <dt id="w3c">W3C</dt>
 <dd>Abbreviation of the World Wide Web Consortium.</dd>
...(other definitions)
 <dt id="wwwc">World Wide Web Consortium</dt>
 <dd for="w3c wwwc">An international organization...</dd>
...(other definitions)
</dl>

Useful, isn't it?

Alex.