Re: XHTML2 dt/dd Nesting

From: Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 16:30:38 +0200 (MEST)
To: Alexander Savenkov <w3@hotbox.ru>
Cc: www-html@w3.org

I don't think there is a 'lack of connection between the terms and the
descriptions (...)' since each definition term is followed by its description. By
the way, there was a similar discussion before [1], even only afar touching
the nesting topic.

All the best,
 Jens.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html/2003May/0227.html

> Hello www-html,
>
> To solve the problem of 'dt'/'dd' nesting (i.e. the lack of connection
> between the terms and the descriptions inside a definition list) the
> following construction could be allowed:

<snip />

> A 'for' attribute of type IDREF(s) on these elements would also do.

<snip />

--
Jens Meiert
Interface Architect