Re: XHTML2 abbr Expansion

From: Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 16:23:44 +0200 (MEST)
To: Alexander Savenkov <w3@hotbox.ru>, www-html@w3.org
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

> I though it would be nice to have a 'for' attribute on the 'abbr'
> element with IDREF(s) type.

(@Alexander -- 'XML' complies with an acronym; take e.g. 'Wisc.' as an
abbreviation.)

Seems like a reasonable suggestion, assuming multiple acronym or abbrevation
explanations per page (it's something I often have to deal with). It's
useful to increase a Web site's benefit and Accessibility by encouraging
publishers to use these elements consequently (and by the way offering a decreased
site weight -- the less code, the less time to load).

Maybe the WAI WG has some thoughts on it, too.

Best regards,
 Jens.

--
Jens Meiert