Re: My thoughts on XHTML 2

From: Philip TAYLOR [PC336/H-XP] <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 12:40:01 +0000
To: Joris Huizer <joris_huizer@yahoo.com>

Joris Huizer wrote:

[snip]

> Assuming DOM support, there is no real need for
> <noscript> - and only modern, future browsers will
> support XHTML 2 you may assume this

I would respectfully strongly disagree; even using the most
modern browser(s), I still operate with JavaScript disabled
by default, and enable it only when (a) it is essential to
the site being navigated, and (b) I am convinced that the
site is trustworthy.  Ditto Java, of course.

Philip Taylor, RHBNC