Re: My thoughts on XHTML 2

From: Joris Huizer <joris_huizer@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 02:05:57 -0800 (PST)
To: kelvSYC <kelvsyc@shaw.ca>, Chris Mannall <chris.mannall@hecubagames.com>

--- kelvSYC <kelvsyc@shaw.ca> wrote:

> Point taken about <style>.  What about <script> and
> <noscript>?  Compared to
> other tags, this seems prehistoric.  Is there any
> advantage to keeping these
> two?

Well, I must say it'd be a lot cleaner to have:
<link rel="script" src="scr.js"
type="application/x-javascript">

Than the current:
<script type="application/x-javascript"
src="scr.js"></script>

But removing script without another way to embed
scripts it would probably mean you'd loose a lot of
webdesigners on it.

Assuming DOM support, there is no real need for
<noscript> - and only modern, future browsers will
support XHTML 2 you may assume this

regards,
Joris