table and ol combi

From: Joris Huizer <joris_huizer@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 02:38:50 -0800 (PST)
To: www-html@w3.org

This is a part of a table:

  <caption>Top 10</caption>
    <th colspan="2">1960</th>
    Jacqueline Boyer</td>
Bryan Johnson</td>
<!-- ... -->

Never mind the actual data - but I think you see it's
supposed to be a top 10 of songs with titles and
singers and stuff.

Now, I think it would be best to represent the data
using a ondered list - but it's also a table (not just
for presentational issues! )

How should this be represented ? I can't think of a
way to embed the OL, LI elements in the table?

I know this is a rather specific issue, but all top 10
tables have the problem that they are ordered but
can't be easily represented as an ordered list. Are
there thoughs on this issue ? Maybe this is something
to take a look at in the HTML 4, or XHTML specs ?

Joris Huizer

Do you Yahoo!?