Re: table and ol combi

From: Christoph Päper <christoph@paeper.de>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 08:04:36 +0100
To: www-html@w3.org

*Joris Huizer* <joris_huizer@yahoo.com>:

> Now, I think it would be best to represent the data
> using a ondered list - but it's also a table

A list is more or less just a one-dimensional table (at least ol and ul) and a
table an n-dimensional list, thus I don't see the problem here.
If you wanted auto generated numbers, you /could/ use CSS:

  tbody tr::before {content: counter(charts)}

The most I could think of that HTML could do here, was to offer an attribute for
specifying by which column or row a table is sorted and how, like (fictitious):

But what would UAs do with that piece of information?

Christoph Päper