Re: [XHTML2] Inline list element proposal

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 07:57:39 +0000 (GMT)
To: www-html@w3.org

> But regarding "inline lists", I think that as soon as we get rid of the

I'd note that early versions of HTML had types of list that were expected
to be rendered across the page.  These weren't removed because they were
presentational but because they were never implemented (even though
menu bars, even the [...|....|...] format ones, are logically lists.

The current proposal seems to be more than a relaxation of the block/
inline distinction, but also to allow free text outside of the list
item elements.