Re: Proposed 'Author' link-type

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 07:52:11 +0000 (GMT)
To: www-html@w3.org

> I'd like to make a proposition to add a link-type, "Author", to the

It's <link rev="made" and it long predates meta.  It seems to have
been dropped out of the standards, presumably because only minority
browsers implemented it; the most used one that currently implements
it is probably Mozilla.

(My own impression is that most meta items are there to allow word
processors to dump their meta data without having to thing about
the hyperlinking implications.)