XHTML 2.0 - <line> or <l>?

From: <SCJessey@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 12:53:35 EST
To: www-html@w3.org
I finally got a chance to look over the latest Working Draft for XHTML 2.0
and I was disappointed to see that the <line> element has been altered to
read <l> instead.

Does anyone else think this is a bad idea?  On some text editors, it looks an
awful lot like the old HTML italic tag which will doubtless cause confusion.

For the record, I'm in favor of removing <hr /> completely rather than using <
separator /> or some other alternative.  It strikes me that the <section>
element renders it rather superfluous.

Simon Jessey
e: <A HREF="mailto:scjessey@aol.com">scjessey@aol.com</A>
w: <A HREF="http://jessey.net/">http://jessey.net</A>