From: www-html-request@w3.org [mailto:www-html-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of SCJessey@aol.com
Sent: 24 décembre, 2002 12:54
To: www-html@w3.org
Subject: XHTML 2.0 - <line> or <l>?

I finally got a chance to look over the latest Working Draft for XHTML
2.0 and I was disappointed to see that the <line> element has been
altered to read <l> instead.

Does anyone else think this is a bad idea?  On some text editors, it
looks an awful lot like the old HTML italic tag which will doubtless
cause confusion.

For the record, I'm in favor of removing <hr /> completely rather than
using <separator /> or some other alternative.  It strikes me that the
<section> element renders it rather superfluous.

Simon Jessey
e: scjessey@aol.com
w: http://jessey.net <http://jessey.net/>