RE: XHTML 2.0 - <line> or <l>?

From: Denis Boudreau [ CYBERcodeur.net ] <denis@cybercodeur.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 01:32:20 -0500
To: <SCJessey@aol.com>, <www-html@w3.org>
I agree with Simon and also believe that going from <line> to <l> is a
bad idea... I was surprised myself that the spec did not go with <line>
as I thought it would. In my opinion, it only opens up the possibility
of confusion, which I believed was something the W3C wanted to avoid.

As for removing <hr />, I'd also be in favor of that. Maybe it has to do
with the fact that I scarcely use it, but I am in favor of taking out
everything that's not useful - and for me, that element isn't.

Denis Boudreau
CYBERcodeur.net - Weblogs et standards Web