Re: XHTML 2.0 - <line> or <l>?

On Tue, 24 Dec 2002 12:53:35 EST, <SCJessey@aol.com> wrote:

> I finally got a chance to look over the latest Working Draft for XHTML
> 2.0 and I was disappointed to see that the <line> element has been
> altered to read <l> instead.
>
> Does anyone else think this is a bad idea?  On some text editors, it
> looks an awful lot like the old HTML italic tag which will doubtless
> cause confusion.

No, I don't think it is a bad idea. When you have data that needs that kind
of markup you're likely to use this elemant a lot; I will appreciate the
brevity of <l>, and its similarity to <p>. The fonts I use in my editors
(and mail clients) have been chosen specifically to provide clear
distinction between "1", "l", "I", and "i", and between "O" and "0".

--
James Card  --  http://home.inreach.com/jdcard/
I am, therefore. I think.