Re: Lists within Paragraphs

> Oh, no, not the English language again. Are we trying to make i18n efforts
> here, or not? If we are, you can't make a definition based on one
> particular language.

May be not, but infact a paragraph has the same semantics in (almost?) all
European languages, Japanese and Chinese.

Here are the european languages I am familiar with, and I bet if you look it
up in your dictionary (?Norwegian )I bet  you will find that it has the same
semantics there.

English    Paragraph
French    Paragraphe
German    Paragraph, absatz
Italian    Paragrafo
Spanish Parrafo,aparte

Div is not a hack, it was designed for exactly the purpose that you want to
use it for, namely a block container of other blocks.

It should also be noted that all the common book DTD, the p element in HTML,
TEI, and ISO12083
and simpara in DocBook and para MIL-STD follow the same conventions.

In Docboc, FormalPara and Parac can contain some block elements, as can
ParaO in MIL-STD.

Frank