Writing CGI scripts

OK, the "&" makes sense now -- I can think of it as the browser
interprets all these in a "preprocessing" first pass as it is recieving the
html file.

I've never heard of this ";" thing; I should probably update the CGI
scripts I've written -- none of them accept this.

Is there some CGI reference page that would tell me about this ";" and
other things I've probably missed when I hacked together my first
quick-and-dirty scripts ?

I have a few references to CGI scripting at
  http://www.rdrop.com/~cary/html/html.html

--
+ David Cary "mailto:d.cary@ieee.org" "http://www.rdrop.com/~cary/"