Re: Writing CGI scripts

Gerald Oskoboiny (
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 16:35:58 -0500 (EST)

Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 16:35:58 -0500 (EST)
From: Gerald Oskoboiny <>
To: David Cary <>
Subject: Re: Writing CGI scripts

On Sun, 22 Feb 1998, David Cary wrote:

> OK, the "&amp;" makes sense now -- I can think of it as the browser
> interprets all these in a "preprocessing" first pass as it is recieving the
> html file.
> I've never heard of this ";" thing; I should probably update the CGI
> scripts I've written -- none of them accept this.
> Is there some CGI reference page that would tell me about this ";" and
> other things I've probably missed when I hacked together my first
> quick-and-dirty scripts ?

There's an effort underway to produce an informational RFC on CGI;
I joined the list and I'll try to make sure this topic gets covered
in that spec once I've had a chance to review it.

Gerald Oskoboiny              <>  +1 617 253 2920
System Administrator, W3C
World Wide Web Consortium, MIT Laboratory for Computer Science
545 Technology Square,  Room NE43-353  Cambridge MA  02139 USA