Validation difficulties

Rob (
Sat, 21 Feb 1998 17:26:17 -0500

From: "Rob" <>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 17:26:17 -0500
Subject: Validation difficulties

I've got a dilemma with the following

  <A HREF="page.cgi?arg1=val1&arg2=val2">link</A>

NSGMLS sys (rightly I assume) that &arg2 is not a valid entity and
returns an error.

So how can one get around this problem? Or should I just ignore it.

It's not appropriate to substitute '%26' for '&' in URLs in many cases,
since CGI scripts will often break the arguments by ampersands and then
decode (in part because an argument might contain an amersand!).

Something be changed in the DTD to allow any character in a URL.

"The word to 'kill' ain't dirty    | Robert Rothenburg
 I used it in the last line        |
 but use the short word for lovin' |
 and Dad you wind up doin' time."  | PGP'd mail welcome (ID 0x5D3F2E99)