Re: HTML4.0 draft: comments re: inclusion of frames

Hakon Lie (howcome@w3.org)
Tue, 16 Sep 1997 14:51:26 +0200 (MET DST)

Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 14:51:26 +0200 (MET DST)
To: Peter Flynn <pflynn@imbolc.ucc.ie>
Cc: www-html@w3.org
From: Hakon Lie <howcome@w3.org>
Subject: Re: HTML4.0 draft: comments re: inclusion of frames

Peter,

 >    This is somewhat similar to the FN element from HTML 3.0. It was
 >    suggested that this be rendered as a pop-up note, but is there *a=
ny*
 >    way to define "pop-up" in DSSSL, for example?=20
 >=20
 > The "online" subset of DSSSL, dsssl-o, does this I think.

I don't remember seeing it, but you could convince me with a
reference.=20

From a style sheet language perspective it's easy enough to add -- the
hard part is to build consensus among implementors.

Regards,

-h&kon

H   =E5   k   o   n      W   i   u   m       L   i   e
howcome@w3.org      http://www.w3.org/people/howcome
World     W      i     d     e       Web  Consortium