Re: HTML4.0 draft: comments re: inclusion of frames

Peter Flynn (pflynn@imbolc.ucc.ie)
16 Sep 1997 11:01:42 +0100

Date: 16 Sep 1997 11:01:42 +0100
From: Peter Flynn <pflynn@imbolc.ucc.ie>
To: galactus@htmlhelp.com
Cc: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: HTML4.0 draft: comments re: inclusion of frames

   There was a message on this list some 6 months ago, which gave a
   location for a DTD for ISO-HTML. Unfortunately I didn't save it,
   but (from memory) it was a lot more structured, very rigidly, and
   without any of the presentational stuff from HTML 3.2.

ftp://ftp.cs.tcd.ie/isohtml

   I don't see how you can do math with XML.

Same way as you do it using any SGML. Use a browser that implements
mathematical rendering by associating it with markup via a stylesheet.

   This is somewhat similar to the FN element from HTML 3.0. It was
   suggested that this be rendered as a pop-up note, but is there *any*
   way to define "pop-up" in DSSSL, for example?

The "online" subset of DSSSL, dsssl-o, does this I think.

///Peter