Re: HTML4.0 draft: comments re: inclusion of frames (fwd)

Peter Flynn (pflynn@imbolc.ucc.ie)
16 Sep 1997 10:53:02 +0100

Date: 16 Sep 1997 10:53:02 +0100
From: Peter Flynn <pflynn@imbolc.ucc.ie>
To: megazone@livingston.com
Cc: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: HTML4.0 draft: comments re: inclusion of frames (fwd)

MZ wrote
   >   I completely disagree.  Personally I think the 3.0 proposal was bloated
   >   with more worthless crap that 3.2 or 4.0.
[...]
   I don't have time currently to go back through the 3.0 spec - but for
   example the form stuff.  Especially things like the scribble-on image
   input, etc.

   Lots of pie-in-the-sky stuff.

Forms are pie-in-the-sky? I know scribble-on was overoptimistic, but I
don't see much else in 3.0 that hasn't now been implemented in some
form or other except math, and that's just the browsers deciding to
ignore a market of few million or so mathematicians/scientists.

///Peter