Re: HTML Streaming

At 9:26a -0400 08/25/97, Albertfine@aol.com wrote:
 > jptxs@idt.net (jptxs) wrote:
 > >also, speaking practically, the amount of pages with advertising at the top
 > >is on the rise and the animated banners don't load very quicky on a 28.8 or
 > >lower connection.  if the streaming implies that things would display from
 > >the top down (head elements, followed by a sequencial display of
 > >body/frameset elements) a good number of people would be stuck looking at
 > >exactly what they didn't come for waiting for what they did.
 >
 > You've found me out. I work for Double Click :)

I hate banner ads. HATE HATE HATE them. It is EVIL to put them at the
top of a page. Put them at the bottom, if you have to use them at all.
As JPTXS said, that's not what people came for, so it does not belong
at the top of the page.

I refuse to click on banner ads, out of principle. They are like SPAM.