Re: JUSTIFY

jptxs (jptxs@idt.net)
Tue, 12 Aug 1997 16:33:41 -0400

Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 16:33:41 -0400
To: Peter Flynn <pflynn@imbolc.ucc.ie>
From: jptxs <jptxs@idt.net>
Cc: wlkngowl@unix.asb.com, www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: JUSTIFY

Hakon Lie wrote:
>CSS has this:
>
>  BODY { text-align: justify }

thanks, i had missed that all together
looking too hard i guess......

can this be applied as:

BLOCKQUOTE { text-align: justify }

or

P { text-align: justify }

??

Peter Flynn wrote:
>No, it's not there, because HTML 3.2 and 4 document and codify
>existing practice, not future use.
>
>What you're looking for is <p align="justify">, right? And <div
>align="justify">? Do browsers support these?

that is exactly what I would love to see
i can't be sure if it's proper or not, though
i realize CSS is supposed to take care of all
the style elements of a document so it should
cover alignments, but, on the other hand,
justification is simply the proper way to align
a blockquote--so it's not really a style issue
in that case (the one i'm most concerned with)

more thoughts anyone?