Re: WHICH HTML-CODE is better to use?

Arnoud (
Thu, 10 Apr 1997 16:37:33 +0200

From: (Arnoud "Galactus" Engelfriet)
Subject: Re: WHICH HTML-CODE is better to use?
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 16:37:33 +0200

In article <>, wrote:
> I have a question probably many of us like to have answered:
> Which one of these versions of the same html-code works fastest
> and WHY? ( I'm a perfectionist, so I'd really like to know, even if
> it's only about nano-sec's loading time! )
> <A HREF=""></A>
> <A HREF=""></A>

These are both legal. The starting / in such an URL is optional.

> <A HREF=></A>
> <A HREF=></A>

Both invalid; the attribute value must be quoted, as it contains
characters other than letters, digits, periods and hyphens.

Legal; tag names and attribute names are case insensitive.

Invalid; attribute values must be quoted.

- --
E-mail: .................... PGP Key: 512/63B0E665
Maintainer of WDG's HTML reference: <>