Re: WHICH HTML-CODE is better to use?

Robert Rothenburg 'Walking-Owl' (
Fri, 11 Apr 1997 11:13:18 +0000

From: "Robert Rothenburg 'Walking-Owl'" <>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 11:13:18 +0000
Subject: Re: WHICH HTML-CODE is better to use?

On 11 Apr 97 at 10:50, Markku Savela wrote:

> >I think NCSA will not bother with the 302 and just automatically
> >return the default when given a URL like
> That would break all relative references in the returned page. Say,
> in

You're right. But it's done tests using a Perl script to fetch a page
and noticed some servers return the page properly (possibly just when without the final '/') while others return a
'page moved' error.

(The Perl script in question is htget BTW, quite useful for hacking w/HTTPD)

"The word to kill ain't dirty     | Robert Rothenburg (
 I used it in the last line       |
 but use a short word for lovin'  | Se habla PGP:  Reply with the subject
 and dad you wind up doin' time." | 'send pgp-key' for my public key.