Re: %flow and headers and address

Carl Morris (msftrncs@htcnet.com)
Sat, 28 Sep 1996 22:13:22 -0500

From: "Carl Morris" <msftrncs@htcnet.com>
To: "Peter Flynn" <pflynn@curia.ucc.ie>
Cc: "WWW HTML List" <www-html@w3.org>
Subject: Re: %flow and headers and address
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 1996 22:13:22 -0500

| It is instructive to compare this with his talk at CERN earlier in
the
| year, when he made it clear that standards were something that should
| be set by companies, on a proprietary basis, and not something that
| should be debated publicly, let alone decided publicly.

From spending my time around here and with the PNG group, I would have
to say that proprietary standards seem to be the only ones that catch
on in a limited amount of time...  seems that it is money that drives
standards ... the wrong way...  If there is a standard out there that
costs money, there is someone eager to buy it to implement it, but pass
them an offer of a free one and they overlook it...