Re: backgrounds

David Perrell wrote:

> I wrote "Wouldn't it be nice if you could specify a background as an
> animated GIF..." expecting some virulent response directed at me, not
> the issue. A few comments re the response:

But isn't 'animated gif' an implementation issue, and not
an HTML/stylesheet issue? The question is 'should CSS allow
to determine background images, and if yes, how?'
Which background images are viewable is up to the browser
authors, they can choose to show GIF, animated GIF, JPEG,
PostScript, MPEG, and whatever they find worth doing.
It shouldn't be CSS or HTML which determines which images
can, and which cannot be used. They should allow any type.

Abigail