Re: PROPOSAL FOR A MULTI-COLUMN SELECT ELEMENT WITHIN A FORM FIELD

Paul Prescod wrote:

> The multicolumn listbox is a very common device useful for input, output and
> data navigation on many platforms. I agree that it is a reasonable extension
> to the Web's forms capabilities. Even Netscape uses a device like this for
> choosing helper applications (in the Windows version at least). In fact, if
> you go through Netscape's entire preferences notebook, this device is the
> only one that cannot be done in HTML.

Thanks for your input.  I hope that someone from Netscape or MS will
follow this thread.  I believe that if I can communicate to them why
this is so important, that they will get behind the effort to
incorporate these changes or at least change the current implementation
of the SELECT widget in Windows so that it will respond to the PRE
tag.

I believe that the browser that made this change would have a huge
advantage in being selected as the required browser in any organization
that was interested in creating low-cost, platform-independent,
enterprise-wide, relational database applications.

Gregory A. Smith
303-541-6006
gasmith@advtech.uswest.com